General Manager – Busy Gastro Pub – £35,000 + Service Charge Rural Newbury Area
Located a few miles from Newbury in West Berkshire my client is a busy destination gastro pub with a beautiful garden, and private dining room. The Role:
As General Manager you will oversee the running of the business and report directly into the owner. Key responsibilities:
- To manage and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business.
- To manage a team of up to 7 FOH and with the Head Chef, manage the kitchen staff.
- To oversee and manage lunch, and dinner services of up to 150 covers.
- To open and close the business as required.
- To oversee the completion of all duties involved in running the bar, floor & Kitchen.
- To control all operational costs and ensure financial budgets and targets are achieved.
- To deal with all maintenance issues immediately and to a satisfactory resolution.
- To apply all legal policies and requirements.
- To always ensure the health & safety of all guests and staff.
- Work with fresh ingredients and seasonally changing menus.
- Tips shared across the whole team.
- Competitive rates a pay.
- Job security.
- Support and professional development to keep your career moving forward.
- On the job training.
- Working within a small but established team.
- Ideally have their own means of transport due to the location of the business.
- 1–2 Years’ experience preferred.
- Be clean and tidy in appearance.
- Have good time management.
- Keen to progress and have a passion for produce & the hospitality industry.
- Be a hard-working team player.
- Work well in a team as well as independently.
- High standard of hygiene.
- Excited to showcase your customer service skills.
- Can work well under pressure.
- Have a cool and calm attitude.
- Start date immediately.
- Starting salary of £35K + Service Charge & Performance Bonus
- Full time 48 hours – Working 5 days out of 7.
- 28 days holiday per annum.
- Company pension scheme.
- Live in available.
If you believe you have the required skill set, enthusiasm, and passion to succeed in this role then please apply with your CV to Mark @ Host Staffing