Head Chef, Gastro Pub
Location: Abingdon, OX13
Salary: £50,000 + £10K Service charge + £10K Bonus
- Located a few miles from Abingdon between Swindon and Oxford is a busy Award-Winning gastro pub with an excellent reputation for its food and service.
- You will have full control of the day to day running of the kitchen and will create new and excited menus along with the executive head chef / Owner, who is looking to take a step back from the kitchen.
- They are open to further accolades, so they will encourage you to be creative and bold.
- Package approx. £70,000
- Base Salary £50,000 + £10,000 Service Charge.
- KPI Bonus to be achieved adding £10K extra to salary.
- Full time 48 hours.
- 4.5-day week, with an early finish on a Sunday
- 28 days holiday per annum.
- Company pension scheme.
- Work with fresh ingredients and seasonally changing menus.
- Be part of a team that will achieve its high culinary goals.
- Job security.
- Working within a small but well-established team.
- This is a great opportunity for a Head Chef from a fine dining or Rosette gastro pub background to work in this amazing venue.
- I am looking for a Head Chef with training in the classics and a fresh food background and someone who understands seasonal produce.
- As the Head Chef you will need to be able to help run the kitchen in a disciplined and systematic manner.
- This role would suit an experienced Head Chef who is looking to develop their career.
- You will be working for a Chef Patron who has built a reputation for high quality fresh food in previous roles and who will be an input on the menu and working 2/3 days per week, assisting the Head Chef with running a team of highly skilled and motivated staff.
- The pub serves a fresh from scratch menu and delivers on average 100 covers per day.
- Running a 2x AA Rosette kitchen, looking after a team of approx. 7 chefs.
- Must be an absolute Foodie!
- Previous 2 or 3 AA Rosette or Michelin background essential.
- Industry relevant qualifications.
- Immaculate presentation standards.
- Excellent communication skills with guests and colleagues at all levels.
- Passion to exceed guest expectation first time, on time, every time.
- Oversee stock take, ordering and delivery process as well as always ensuring correct storage of food.
- Oversee H&S aspects of the kitchen.
- Provide leadership to the team within the kitchen, ensuring the brigade are well trained, disciplined, and able to deliver an excellent product day in day out.
If you believe you have the required skill set, enthusiasm, and passion to succeed in this role then please apply with your CV to Mark @ Host Staffing